Windows Testing Expert
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
In a typical day as Test Architect, you would
· Research of new OS features and impact to integration test. Required to develop test case coverage and automation plans
· Test plan maintenance of current and future test case scope. Refresh current test cases to update or archive based on impactful changes by tech, OSes, and various other factors. Required to create and maintain test templates for the various teams
· Expert knowledge of the supported OSes for test. Be available for consultation by the various teams inside and outside of the test organization, engaging in assistance for Engineering Support and the Account teams, or Engineering teams. Also be available to train up and/or information share to others in the area of expertise
· Scoping all test efforts in OS qualification and be able to properly assign priority. This includes program management office aligned and non-aligned efforts, OS Release efforts for beta OS, customer exception additions, regression efforts for unplanned slips/additions, customer found field issues that need test engagement
· Being the Subject Matter Expert and Technical Lead for ongoing test efforts. Audit of ongoing test efforts, detailed review of vendor test results, provide authoritative feedback to mandate quality from our testers
· Intimate knowledge of the various test focus areas within the test organization and being able to discern a degree of ownership, identify test gaps that should be filled and execute and driver ownership of said gaps
· Intimate knowledge of the various test tools used within the test organization and potential adoption where value and quality can be added
· Be the Architect in driving automation efforts for the OS qualification area, including virtualization. Deep understanding of the various OSes impactful testing and how to proof of concept for development teams. Drive exact requirements, aid in implementation, and lead post development and production integration. Formulate roadmap and drive schedule for delivery of automated items for production use
· Formation and communication to various qualification teams of OS schedule tracking, current recipes for test, and OS alignment to the various test cycles.
· Ownership updates and communication for integration test organization wide policy for OS debug requirements, bug tracking, and bug triage and resolution. Accountable for enforcing guidelines around sign off related to known issues and the customer facing implications
· Define and maintaining smart test leveraging practices. Includes the update and communication of test organization wide leverage matrix
· Active participation in integration test technical strategy. Includes the OS and automation areas, but also investigation of new tech and software
· Active participation in OS and industry security threats. Includes interfacing with HPE and outside Hardware/OS partners on understanding and developing a qualification plan for mitigations, scoping and executing plans with a reasonable time to market
· Continued education and drive to learn new skill and tech in and around the field. Seek training in areas that are and aren't direct impact
· Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
· Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
· Be the technical point of contact on Microsoft cert for issues seen by OS vendor, development partner, and contractor.
· Create certification documentation for development partner to execute Microsoft certification.
· Define cert test strategy for new technologies.
· Drive test strategy and potential cert efficiencies back to the OS partners.
· Drive OS and cert. kit recipes for Microsoft certification testing.
· Work directly with Microsoft to resolve cert. kit and OS bugs that directly impact certification via OS vendors bug system.
· Host weekly or monthly meetings directly with Microsoft during new OS release window or when necessary.
· Track in-development tests and features that will be made mandatory in the future. Make sure these features are tested early and provide Microsoft and HPE development with feedback where applicable.
· Work with in house development teams to debug and resolve Windows certification issues.
· Work with Microsoft on necessary Errata/Contingency that might be required for test failures that cannot be addressed.
· Review server logo requirements for new LTSC Windows releases. Work directly with development teams and OS core team to ensure that new requirements are met. Participate in meetings to drive this feedback to Microsoft. Pursue errata/contingency where OS requirements cannot be met.
· Provide logo requirements guidance to interested teams when requested (ex. Rom dev).
If you have…
· Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent with 11+ years of experience.
· Extensive experience of Microsoft Windows and Hyper-V
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certifications with related work experience is desirable
· Extensive experience with Intel and AMD server architecture, UEFI BIOS, and other technologies such as Virtualization, Ethernet, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, RAID, etc.
· Extensive experience in server ecosystem troubleshooting such as network debug, HW debug, OS kernel debug, and OS memory dump analysis.
· Experience in translating new OS/FW/HW/SW features and requirements into system-level integration test plan and test strategy
· Experience with HPE server and solution, HPE server management, API, and value-add software tools is desirable.
· Experience in programming languages and test automation.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.